The importance of sports underwear has been accepted by girls with the development of the sports craze, but how to choose sports bras and how should a sports bra fit is still troubling most girls.
So let me tell you
How to choose sports bra?
①Measure your size correctly
It has been claimed that 80% of women could be wearing the wrong bra by choosing either a smaller cup or a bigger chest circumference. Everyday bra sizes are not necessarily suitable for sports bras.
1. Measure chest circumference: Use a tape measure to measure the fullest part of the chest, accurately circling it. Record your chest circumference.
2. Measure lower circumference: Measure around the bottom of the chest (lower chest circumference) to ensure that the tape is close to the body but not too tight. Record your lower circumference.
3. Compare Size Chart: Refer to the brand’s size chart and find the corresponding size based on your bust and lower circumference. Sizes may vary depending on brand, make sure to choose the appropriate size.
4. Pay attention to the elastic band: The bottom elastic band of a sports bra should closely fit the body, but not too tight, and should be comfortable while providing support.
The functional design of sports underwear is different from that of everyday bras, so you can choose a size close to your measured size. For example, if you normally wear 75B, you can try a 70C or 80A sports bra.
②Choose the style you like
Before choosing a sports bra, we need to understand the different types of sports bras. Common types of sports bras include shoulder pads, cross straps, front buckles, and unbuttoned styles. Each type has different designs and functions, suitable for different types of sports.
1. Shoulder pad type: This bra structure is similar to traditional bras, but a shoulder pad is added to the shoulder strap to provide additional support and reduce shoulder pressure. Suitable for low-intensity sports such as yoga and Pilates.
2. Cross strap type: This bra has a cross-designed strap that provides good back support and stability. Suitable for sports that require high support, such as running, basketball, and tennis.
3. Front button style: This bra has a button at the front for easy on and off. Suitable for women with larger chest circumferences, it can provide better support and stability.
4. Buttonless style: This bra has no buttons, making it more convenient to put on and off. Suitable for low-intensity sports or daily casual wear.
For the different intensities of exercise, the chest needs different support, and the cup size depends on the strength of the bra.
High-intensity exercise: almost all exercises that require both feet to be off the ground at the same time and high and low-intensity interval cycling are classified as high-intensity exercises, such as jumping rope, cardio boxing, basketball, soccer, etc.
Moderate-intensity exercise: most gym exercises are moderate-intensity exercises, such as strength exercises, calisthenics, Pilates, etc.
Low-intensity exercise: some very gentle exercises, that do not let the body into an unnatural state of movement can be considered as low-intensity exercises, such as walking, yoga, etc.
③TRY ON! TRY ON! TRY ON!
Put your hands up. If the sports bra is going up with you, that must be inappropriate.
Insert one finger into the lower chest circumference and make sure the finger can slide freely around the lower chest circumference without being too loose or too tight.
Choosing a suitable sports bra has great significance for women when they do sports. By understanding different types of sports bras, you can choose a sports bra that suits your sports needs to ensure comfort and effectiveness during exercise. Remember, before choosing a sports bra, thoroughly understand your own needs and try it on.