In today’s era of pursuing sustainable development, recycled activewear has become a hot topic in the fashion industry. It not only reduces environmental pollution but also gives us more positive energy. This article will introduce what is recycled clothing and explore its value and purchasing suggestions.
What is recycled activewear?
Recycled activewear refers to activewear made of recycled or recycled fiber materials. They transform waste, waste textiles, plastic bottles and other materials into new fibers, which are then used to manufacture new sportswear. The production process of such sportswear aims to reduce the demand for new raw materials, thereby reducing resource consumption and reducing environmental impact. At the same time, the texture, function, and design of recycled sportswear are similar to those of traditional sportswear, with comfort and performance characteristics, but more environmentally conscious. By choosing recycled sportswear, we can actively participate in environmental protection actions and reduce the negative impact on the environment.
Recycled polyester activewear
Recycled polyester fiber is a green and environmentally friendly fiber material made from recycled plastic bottles or waste textiles. It is a part of sustainable development aimed at reducing resource waste and environmental pollution.
The production process of recycled polyester fibers first involves recycling plastic bottles or waste textiles. These recycled materials are treated and processed, melted, spun, and ultimately converted into recycled polyester fibers. This process not only reduces the demand for petrochemical raw materials but also reduces waste emissions.
Regenerated polyester fibers have similar characteristics to traditional polyester fibers, including durability, wrinkle resistance, and rapid drying. It can be used to make all kinds of sportswear, such as sweatshirts, sweatpants, sports jackets, etc. Regenerated polyester fiber clothing is comfortable, lightweight, and breathable, making it perfect for sports and outdoor activities.
One of the advantages of recycled polyester fiber is that it reduces the demand for new raw materials. By recycling and reusing plastic bottles and waste textiles, we have reduced our dependence on petrochemical raw materials and reduced resource consumption. At the same time, the production process of recycled polyester fibers consumes relatively less energy and water resources, reducing the environmental burden.
In addition, recycled polyester fibers can also reduce the generation of waste. Plastic bottles and waste textiles are often considered landfill or incineration, which has a negative impact on the environment. By recycling these waste materials and converting them into recycled polyester fibers, the recycling rate of waste can be improved and the pressure on the environment can be reduced.
In general, recycled polyester fiber, as a sustainable fiber material, provides an environmentally friendly and high-performance choice for the sportswear industry. It reduces the demand for new resources and reduces the burden on the environment by recycling and utilizing waste. The choice of recycled polyester activewear is not only environmentally conscious but also comfortable and fashionable.
How to choose recycled activewear？
Choosing recycled fabric activewear is a way to actively participate in environmental protection actions and support sustainable development. Here are some guidelines to help you make informed decisions when choosing recycled activewear:
- Materials: Sportswear with sustainable fabrics is preferred. These fabrics can be Organic cotton, recycled polyester fiber, Bamboo textile, etc. Avoid using traditional Synthetic fiber materials, such as polyester, nylon, etc., because they usually have a high environmental burden.
- Certification Mark: Looking for sustainable certification marks such as the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), Blue Angel logo, OEKO-TEX ® STANDARD 100, etc. These certification marks indicate that the clothing has undergone strict environmental and social requirements review and meets sustainable standards.
- Supply chain transparency: select the sportswear brands or manufacturers that can provide supply chain transparency information. This means they can track the source and production process of the product, and ensure compliance with environmental and social responsibility standards.
- Durability and quality: choose durable and high-quality sportswear, which can extend the life of clothing and reduce the demand for new clothing. Durable clothing typically withstands prolonged use and frequent cleaning, which means you don’t need to change clothing frequently.
- Brand Selection: Choose brands that are committed to sustainable development and environmental action. Understand the brand’s values, production methods, and social responsibility, and support brands that actively adopt environmental measures.
Recycled activewear brand
Here are some recommendations for recycled activewear brands:
The high-performance recycled materials used are made of Parley Ocean Plastic and PrimeGreen recycled polyester, presenting fashionable sportswear tops, shorts, and sneakers. The brand promises to stop using native plastics and pay attention to reducing the use of water and energy during the production process.
Boody is a certified sustainable Sportswear brand, and every kind of material fiber is integrated with the concept of ecological and environmental protection. Boody also has a zero-waste production system. They will also donate a portion of their sales to non-profit organizations to improve social issues.
Since its establishment in 1992, the brand has been committed to high standards of sustainable and ethical practices. They use recycled wool and Organic cotton with Fairtrade certification, and do not use any materials with animal ingredients.
The brand not only continuously innovates in material usage, but also has high product quality and style appearance, making it a “luxury” among sustainable brands. The use rate of sustainable materials is also very high, and they are also advocates of ethical factories and Animal welfare.
The brand uses recycled or organic materials for manufacturing to prevent excessive waste in the ecosystem. They also use ECONY to regenerate nylon waste into usable fabrics.